Influencer Privacy Notice
Influencer identification, analysis and engagement is used by Ogilvy Health and is essential to the work we do for our clients. Influencers are individuals who we determine may have an interest in our Clients’ products and/or services or an interest in the industries and sectors related to our Clients’ products and/or services.
This notice is to enable you, as an Influencer, to better understand how we use your data. We respect the privacy of individuals that we interact with, this privacy notice contains important information about how we use your personal data as an Influencer.
For how we use your information that is collected using the Ogilvy Health website please click here.
What information do we collect?
Information that we collect about Influencers comes from influencer marketing platforms, publicly available resources such as social media channels, personal websites or directly from Influencers themselves, this information includes the information below:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Assessment of Influence
- Previous public statements including posts, comments and other information published on publicly accessible websites and platforms as well as other media
- Job title
- Previous public work
- Inferences on attitudes towards our Clients or their sectors and industries (Positive, Neutral, Negative)
- Any other information the Influencer may provide publicly, directly to Ogilvy Health or our Clients.
How do we use it?
How we will use your personal information
Our legal basis for processing
to gather and understand views, attitudes, and insights regarding our Clients’ products and/or services and/or the sectors/industries related to our Clients’ products and services.
Legitimate Interest – we use your personal information to help us to deliver these insights to our Clients.
Do we pass your information to third parties?
We may also share limited information (eg social media posts) with our Clients on Influencers relevant to their organisation, business, or sector or directly involved in a Client campaign.
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this notice. Further details of our group companies can be found here.
We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
Where do we send your information?
We are a global company and therefore we may transfer your personal information to countries around the world including the US and other countries outside Europe. We will, where the country to which your data is transferred has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection, put in place appropriate safeguards (we use standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is protected.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep Influencers’ information no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected after this it will be deleted. If the work is for a Client, it will be archived for as long as required under our Client contract and then deleted.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You are entitled to ask:
1. for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and details about how we are processing your personal information;
2. to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected;
3. if we are processing your personal information by automated means for us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You can also ask us to provide your personal information directly to a third party in this format, and, if technically feasible, we will do so; and
4. to have your personal information erased, or for our use of it to be restricted (for example, if your preferences change, or if you don’t want us to send you the information you have requested).
Please contact us using the details set out below if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the following address email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We review this privacy notice on a regular basis to ensure that it is up-to-date with our use of your personal information.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to revise this privacy notice at any time. The updated privacy notice will be posted on our website. You are encouraged to review this privacy notice from time to time.
This privacy notice is effective June 1, 2021